8th Aerobilia – 18th September 2021
· Sale of Aviation and militaria items (aircraft parts, instruments, kits, models, books, uniforms you name it).
· Stalls holder access from 06:30 and Earlybirds access from 08:30.
· The public allowed access from 10:00am at our normal entry prices.
· Earlybird tickets are available in advance and on the day and cost £10 including entrance to the museum.
· Internal and external stalls available.
· Stalls must be paid for in advance, payment is non-refundable, and includes entrance for two. For prices please contact us.
· Booking forms and details available from Hugh Sillett Aerobilia
· The museum and its staff cannot be held responsible for any damage to the stalls, condition of goods, or theft/loss of goods.
For further information Click Here
If you would like to be kept informed, have any questions or need any more information please contact us:
Boscombe Down Aviation Collection (Aerobilia), Hangar 1 South, Old Sarum Airfield, Old Sarum, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP4 6DZ.
Tel: 01722 323636 or Aerobilia
BDAC—Old Sarum Airfield Museum
BDAC Presentation Series
The 2021 presentations will be initially delivered online via the Zoom platform due to current Covid 19 restrictions. When restrictions are lifted sufficiently we may then be able to offer the presentations on line and in The Conference Room as before. Details of how to access the presentations online will be shown in further information., click below.
· Tuesday 15 June – First Landing, early aircraft arrivals at The Halton Estate. - Francis Hanford, Curator RAF Halton Museum
· Tuesday 21 September – Lucy Houston, the Lady who saved the nation - Colin van Geffen, Public Speaker and Artist
· Tuesday 19 October – US Fixed Wing Carrier Operations -Tales from the Dark Side - Cdr Clark Childers, US Navy Test Pilot
· Tuesday 16 November – Simon’s Sircus, Fleet Air Arm Sea Vixen Aerobatic Team 1968 - Tim Miles AFC, former Head of Flying UAV T&E QinetiQ Flying Organisation
· Tuesday 21 December – Combined Aerial Targets System (CATS), for air defence training - John Forbes, former Flight Operations Manager for CATS and Author
For the above Click For Further Information
If you would like to be kept informed of future events, have any questions or need any more information please contact us:
Boscombe Down Aviation Collection, Hangar 1 South,
Old Sarum Airfield,
Wiltshire, SP4 6DZ.
Tel: 01722 323636
Special Events 2021
· 'The Golden Oldies' Two online presentations by vastly experienced Test Pilots on 20th & 21st July 7pm - "Flying the Early Cold War Jets" by David Scouller ex RAF and "Some Memories of a Flying Career" by Dave Eagles ex RN. These Test pilots are well known to each other so we can expect some interesting rivalry. For further information Click Here.
· BDAC Open Day on 4th September 9.30am - 4.30pm themed 'The Cold War 1945-1991', inclusive tickets will be for tea and coffee, a buffet lunch, 4 talks and a wander round the Collection. The talks will cover the Berlin Airlift, V Force operations, F4 Ground Attack operations in West Germany and the Air Defence of the UK. Full details will be published in early summer.
· BDAC Model Show 22nd August 2021 For further information Click Here
· Carols Take Flight Friday 7th December. Family Service 17:30 to 18:30, refreshments from 17:00. Adults Service at 19:00 to 20:00, refreshments from 18:30.
· Christmas Social for BDAC Members only 8th December 18:30 to 21:30.
Tickets where required, and details for all of the above are available from the BDAC Shop. Tel: 01722-323636